Southeast Arkansas College
Course Approval Procedure
Adding new courses or requesting major changes to existing courses are all actions which require the full set of college-level approval steps.
Major changes would include the following:
- Course title or course description
- Major content changes
- Number of credit hours assigned to a course
- Changes to course numbering that affect course level or number of credit hours
- Adding or removing a course from a program
Before a course will be considered for approval, it is expected that thorough research is done to support the request and evidence be submitted i.e., course equivalents, accreditation requirements, licensure requirements.
The following chart lists the procedure and approval steps associated with new courses and major changes:
- Course description created and supportive evidence gathered.
- Department Chair will review and approve description and evidence.
- Standard syllabus created or edited. Must include course objectives, learning outcomes, unit objectives, and activities and assignments both in-class and out-of-class.
- Division Dean review and approval
- Vice President of Academic Affairs review and approval
- Instructional Affairs Committee (IAC) review and approval
- Registrar review and approval
- Arkansas Division of Higher Education
For ADHE approved courses to be adopted from the Arkansas Course Transfer system, Southeast Arkansas College will follow the Guidelines for Course Approval policy as stated in Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board Policy.